The BYBA monthly meetings begin at 7:30 pm on the last Tuesday of the month at the Norfield Church Community Room at 64 Norfield Road, Weston Connecticut. There is usually a meeting designed specifically for new beekeepers at 6:15pm (prior to our regular meetings). Our calendar is subject to change, so please check our website for the latest updates (www.backyardbeekeepers.com) or call any members of the Board (see listing of Board members).
These events are free and open to the public.
In addition, a number of weekend workshops are scheduled each year to give participants a hands-on opportunity to learn new beekeeping skills & techniques and visit other bee yards.
- January 26, 2016 Alison Gillespie, author: Hives in the City
- February 23, 2016 Jonathan Snow, PhD. Barnard on Housewarming: Thermoregulation in Honey Bee Colonies
- March 29, 2016 Dr.John Boyce M.D., Yale on Honey as Medicine
- April 26, 2016 Roberta Glatz, NYS, on Bee Stings & What You Can Do About It
- May 24, 2016 James Wilkes on Hive Tracks: Using Technology for Record Keeping
- June 28, 2016 Dinner & Silent Auction
- September 27, 2016 Anne Frey on Mistakes in Beekeeping
- October 25, 2016 Brenna Traver, Penn State, on Honey Bee Pathogens
- November 15, 2016 Jennifer Tsuruda, Clemson, on Behavioral resistance to Varroa