Our monthly meetings begin at 7:30 pm on the last Tuesday of the month at the Norfield Church Community Room at 64 Norfield Road, Weston Connecticut. There is usually a meeting designed specifically for new beekeepers at 6:30pm (prior to our regular meetings). These events are free and open to the public. Our calendar is subject to change, so please check our website for the latest updates (www.backyardbeekeepers.com) or call any members of the Board (see listing of Board members).
In addition, a number of weekend workshops are scheduled each year to give participants a hands-on opportunity to learn new beekeeping skills & techniques and visit other bee yards.
- January 27, 2015 Sam Droege (meeting cancelled due to snow.)
- February 24, 2015 Dr. Meghan Milbrath on Keeping a Healthy Hive
- March 31, 2015 Izzy Hill on beneficial nematodes for small hive beetle control
- April 28, 2015 Sam Droege on The Glorious Diversity of Other Bees.
- May 26, 2015 Wyatt Mangum Ph.D on Queen Introduction
- June 30, 2015 Dinner & Silent Auction Meeting
- September 29, 2015 Sam Comfort on Future Zombee Apocalypse
- October 27, 2015 Juliana Rangel Posada on Reproductive Biology of Honey Bees
- November 17, 2015 Michael Fairbrother of Moon Light Meadery on Mead