A great way to grow in your beekeeping journey is to spend more time with other beekeepers! What better way than to get in some BYBA Volunteer time? Maybe you’d like to help transport a guest speaker to a meeting, work the sign-in table at a workshop, or assist with recording a meeting.
Our club is run entirely by volunteers and the more volunteers we have, the better our club is. You’ll be helping out the club and will definitely have many more opportunities to talk bees!
Some upcoming opportunities include:
- Tuesday, February 28th – 6:30 PM – Helping with the registration table/raffle tickets at the February General Meeting
- March 18th – Cheshire Public Library. Paula Wolf will be giving an Intro to Beekeeping talk. We have permission to sell honey, candles, etc and disseminate information about our club. Help is needed to work the table.
- May 13th – 8:30-1:30 – Redding Plant Sale – Help to talk with the public about bees and sell products at this BYBA booth.
- May 20th – 10 AM? (Time is TBD) Tammi Worsham and Grace Farms Beekeeper, Lauren Ellman will be having a “Meet the Bees” event at Grace Farms in New Canaan
- June 21 – 6:30 PM – Tammi Worsham will be having an event at the Milford Public Library.
- We will be needing a lot of help running booths around Earth Day (the weekend of April 22nd). There will be several opportunities in towns all over Fairfield County. Even if you are new to bees, you will learn a lot and your confidence will grow as you engage with the public, sharing what you know. It is our goal to have lots of volunteers so that newer beekeepers or people who are not accustomed to working this type of event, are paired with someone else with more experience. We hope you’ll join us!
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org